Thursday, July 2, 2009

Life in the Summer Heat

Summer has officially set in. I have been pretty busy, doing random things...but I feel like nothing is getting done. Work and school...the usual. My anthropology class is a little tiring...but I have met some cool friends...just having it for 3 hours everyday is ugghh... I am in the random transition phase...still...I need to move to my place and get settled...soon...
I just talked to Jenny and Anna on the phone...they are in the san juan islands and ecuador. I am vicarioulsy living thru them. Jenny is in the perfect spot...hippie ville meets outdoorsy world.
I went to a bbq with Martha, Matt and Mitzi...and had kava with Colin Kiley...it numbed my toungue and lips and totally de-stressed me. amazing. however, even though it is non-alcoholic...its the only time I've had a hangover...not cool.
I took a weekend class. Humanitarian Aid was the topic. We looked at a lot of case studies...very eye opening but helpful in understanding current issues in the international fiels. Made me think about International law and studying that. The GTF was five months pregnant...she had to pee every 45 minutes so we had a lot of breaks throughout the day...but the best part was the discussions we had...a small group trying to solve the world problems...great convos
Amels made dinner for me...a spinach, goat cheese pie...loved it....we also had a cherry pie...it had egg in it...a little off beat...but not bad...it was some martha stewart recipe...love my martha. Makes me want to cook now...when i finally settle down and have ingredients in the kitchen.
I had my Rotary interview...the first stage...they enjoyed my chat with them...it was informal...so it was more a free flow conversation. They were actually really cool people...a very international group. One of the folks there had an NPO in Kenya. Pretty interesting group of people.
My biggest pressure is coming from the research paper i have to write for galvan...ughh...i have a mental block when it comes to Ethiopia...miss it horribly though.
i am waiting for something...but i am not sure what...a change...some inspiration...i am kind of in a rut...

No comments: