Thursday, July 16, 2009

Diversity




So, life has been on the up and up...a lot of fun times. These past few days I have been hanging with Alexa, Erin and Katie doing crazy things...like standing in the Harry Potter 6 movie line for an hour, and going over to Sergs and Joel's place. Those to guys are just insanely funny...a little crass, but hilarious. We played the very honored college pastime - beer pong, but I have to admit I am horrible at it. I get a few shots in the cup but its all by fluke...haha.
This past weekend I went to Triangle lake with Martha la Rosa(I love saying her name in its entirity) and some of her friends. Its the first time in Oregon that i have hung out with a crowd that didn't have any white people, besides my "extended family. " Everyone there was from a different heritage, culture, or nationality. it was really interesting that way, beause we all bonded over the fact that we were "ferengis." I also met a girl from Eritrea, and we talked habasha a bit...haha. It was just great. We hit the rock slides and played in the water after the BBQ, which was just yummy.
I have been still working out at the DAC. Everyday...yeah...i have lost weight...but more to go yay! i like the dac...its all order people, so i don't feel judged or intimidated. Everyone is just doing their thing. i love the pool...i am horrible swimmer, but its been great working out without hurting the joints too much.
today is rachel's b-day...she is 21...which is amazing...but sad...now i am the only one of the coogs who isn't 21. oh well...only till October.
Tomorrow I have lunch with Nicole, she was in Ethiopia doing the same thing I did, but a term before me. She knows Mark, who was there when I was too. So it will be good to chat and reminise.
all in all...beautiful days (except for the thunderstorm...that scared me silly) and amos lee music.
ps- i got free stuff for the apartmen...microwaves and tables, and lamps...yeah! and Dawit from layla has finally reached ARIZONA...and facebooked me - no corruption....haha

1 comment:

Natalie Nourigat said...

That looks fun!!! Aww, and you're so cute going down the river! :)