Monday, November 24, 2008

Am I Hormonal?

These days I have been taking things a little personally. I have broken down into tears three times in two weeks. Generally I can go a month without shedding a drop, but lately it hasn't been the case. Maybe this part of my maturity growth spurt that I have been waiting for. Generally, I am a little immature and funky with the peeps, but I have realized that I am trying to hide behind my-not-so-funny humor. And in that realization, I have become vulnerable. My friends, love them to death, have never had to face a serious issue about me. I have been there for there ups and downs, break ups and so on...but I tend to try to keep things light hearted. There is always the joker in the group, that gets a rude awakening...and I think that is me. Every little thing people say to me I feel like I take it personally, especially when the talking is behind my back. I know that people gossip in a sorority. Its the naturally order when a 100 girls live under one roof. But to have an issue with me and not discuss it with me justs hurts. I know I am messy, I know I am all over the place, just ask me to clean and I will. I know its not their duty...but to discuss it when I am not in the room just hurts. simple as that.
Also, when my really close friends call me out, in PUBLIC, because generally that is funny, it is not FUNNY. I have a face to maintain...yeah i may be goofy and crazy but I have boundaries. It may be joke amongst us, but to others and new acquaintances...its not that funny. And then to say SORRY five seconds later isn't funny.
Then this weekend, I helped put together a party...and I was left hosting the event when the people of the house, and my dear friends abandoned ship. It wasn't to bad...but I was left by myself. I thought I was gonna hang with them all night. I feel like when I have put my all into their ups and downs, the can put a little into my downs too.
I guess my attitude is changing...and I wish it wouldn't be this hormonal...haha! Maybe I should be taken a little more seriously. Just because I don't have boy drama or issues, doesn't mean I don't have insight, opinions, or emotions.

No comments: