Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Maturity!

So, I just turned in my application for my Internship abroad, and I have to say it was very exciting to get the ball rolling on my future adventures. However, when I was with my Internship coordinator, she opened up my recommendations right in front of me. Seeing the evaluation lay right in from of me, my integrity went out the window and my human flaw - curiosity took over. Then I noticed that my instructor for my international class ranked me as "mostly mature" for all my categories. mostly mature - for all categories - SERIOUSLY! I know I am not as classy, or elegant as I could be...but, not even one category could be marked as "mature". I know its one evaluation...but I can't help but think why? Am I that unexperienced? Just because I don't have a degree from a super-uber hippie school, and have knowledge on everything relating to developmental ideologies, and every historical fact while being a film buff...who knows every off beat but cool film....doesn't mean I am not mature. I am either super annoyed, therefore venting or I am jealous of my instructor's knowledge. I don't even think I make sense...but the "mostly matured" just made irritated me...I guess, since I dedicated an entire paragraph to it on my blog. Anyway, the progress on my application began today. After turning it in, I got a phone call, letting me know that I have an interview this upcoming Friday! YEAH! Finally, I got the ball rolling on my abroad adventures.

Moving on, this past Sunday I went to the Oregon Country Fair out in Veneta, Oregon; which is 13 miles out of Eugene. It was the most hot, icky, mushy, and sticky day I could have chosen to go to a fair and rub up against everyone else. The fair is held out on Ken Kessey (author of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest) grounds, and is shaped in this one mile shaped giant 8, or from a horizontal view would be an infinity sign (thank you Zach). The heat was so compact and cinching, that the dusty covered with straw, had to be watered every 40 minutes, to keep the dust from overtaking the air...hence the musty smell from the wet hay. On top of that the people there...some of the people had slept over there for three days, which filled the air with lovely aroma of SWEAT! no...eew. Then being a country/hippie fair, everything was exotic, from food, to incense to art....basically the fair was combination of overwhelming smells, which by the end burnt out my olfactory sense. But I loved the people watching...from little kids dressed up as pixies playing recorders, or older topless women with painted boobs and crazy costumes of the hippie peeps. I loved watching, but I am sure I looked like a sore thumb with my OREGON t-shirt. But I had a sweet time. Plus, I was with Jenny... and we always have a good time, even if I hated the smell. On the way out, we saw a full on exorcism. SCARY!!! This lady was speaking tongues...shaking...and shouting while holding onto two other people. They were all with closed eyes and connected with their hands. I didn't enjoy that. Nightmares!!!!
This week is the last week of class for this summer session, so I have finals on Friday! Not cool. I have to get my act together and play the role of diligent student...and get the study guide done! BEFORE FRIDAY!

But other than that, its been the usual...School, work, sleep, and Anna-banana! Last night I hung out at her place with her pops, and we talked about the fun of work places. Sounds like he was a little bit of a rebel and trouble maker at his work! Oh, the good ole' days!
I talked to my pops today, and he let me know that I have an entire 5 dollars in the bank! So, that means till the 1st of August which is a whole two weeks away....I am broke! SAD!

No comments: