Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Heart 2 Heart


This past week I have officially settled into my place on 16th and Hilyard. I went grocery shopping on a bike, and bought way to much stuff to carry. I had about 8 bags and a back pack and a bike. Definitely not the ideal shopping agenda. On the way back, I had to control every rotation on the bike or else, my eggs along with me would have hit the pavement. haha!
On Monday i went down to the DAC to do a step class. First off I am clumsy, can't keep a beat and haven't taken a step class since freshman year. So of course i was totally offbeat the entire time, but hey, time flies by in a step class when you don't know the movements, and you are trying to keep up. So I had a great time...haha. But the best part of the hour was the gentleman next to me. He was a six foot something dude with an angular jaw and blonde hair. Basically he looked like the USSR bad guys from action movies made in the 1970s and 1980s. Kind of a mix between David hasselhof and Daniel Craig. Anyways he wore blue shirt tucked into tights that were so tight for not being spandex, and cutoff right above his ankle where his red and white nike pumps enclosed his feet. Then he laid down carpet dead center of the studio right in front of the instructor. It felt as if he was trying to lead. Anyways, as everyone one was stretching he goes to the wall and does handstands spreading his legs into a V. Great, not only do i have step next to a KGB assassin look-a-like, i have to watch him stretch in a crazy manner. It made me laugh so hard at one point in the middle of the workout that i got a my ab work out in too. Then when the class began, you could see him in every mirror, and it was ridiculously insanely funny, since he would step the highest due to the combination of his height and his energy...oh god how i laughed...

then yesterday, my mom came down...she brought a whole bunch of food...i mean a whole cooler of pre cooked food. yummm.....she helped me with my kitchen and then we had a heart to heart...fun...bonding...a little dramatic too...but it was nice to talk. anyways we spent about 3 hours together...
i am in class. bored out of my mind. can't wait to be done at 6pm...then off the ranch where Alexa is house sitting...yeah...horses...pool...jacuzzi!!!!oh so much fun!

No comments: